The Plaza Racquet Club is in danger of being demolished. A developer from Newport Beach, the Province Group, has purchased the land from the Palm Springs Unified School District. The property is currently in escrow and is scheduled to close in June 2016. From what we understand, the Province Group plans to build condominiums covering eight acres.
There’s a possibility we can impact this plan, curb additional development in our City and save our club. Please help.
The City is considering designating the Club as a historic site to preserve it. Action is slated for January. We need your help NOW. Please sign our electronic petition by clicking here!
Take action and learn more. Contact the following influencers and decision makers.
SAVE THE PLAZA RACQUET CLUB | SHARE YOUR PERSPECTIVE
Palm Springs City Council Meetings (public comment limit is 3 minutes)
First and 3rd Wednesday of every month – 6 pm (May 4 & 18, June 1 & 15, July 6 & 20)
3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, CA 92262
Palm Springs Unified School District Board Meetings
Tuesday’s – 6 pm (April 26, May 10 & 24, June 14 & 28, July 26, August 9 & 23)
980 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, CA 92262
Letters to the Mayor and the City Council
email letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. for distribution to the Mayor and Council.
Or email your letter to each member:
- Robert Moon – Mayor: Robert.Moon@palmspringsca.gov
- Chris Mills – Mayor pro tem: Chris.Mills@palmspringsca.gov
- Ginny Foat – Council: Ginny.Foat@palmspringsca.gov
- Geoff Kors – Council: Geoff.Kors@palmspringsca.gov
- J.R. Robert – Council: JR.Robert@palmspringsca.gov
Letters to the Editor – Desert Sun
Please email your letter to email@example.com.
- 200 or fewer words
- In writer’s own words (Letters will be edited for clarity, grammar and length)
- Free from libel
- In good taste
LETTERS MUST INCLUDE
- Writer’s full name
- Address, city and zip code (Only name and city will be printed)
- Daytime phone number for verification
NOTE: No more than one letter from a contributor will be published in a 30-day period
Guest Column – Desert Sun
- Column should be 500-550 words
- Note that author’s photo and email contact will be included with the column
- Stick to a single topic
- Avoid personal attacks
- Note: Desert Sun reserves the right to edit and republish (including electronically) all columns
Email submissions and/or questions to Al Franco, engagement editor/opinion – firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTN MEMBERS: Save the Plaza Racquet Club – Original Call for Action Letter
- Desert Sun – Valley Voice – Supporters still have questions on Plaza Racquet Club
- KESQ: Palm Springs tennis club to be forced off property
- KMIR 6: Popular Tennis Club In Escrow
- Desert Sun Article – Plaza Racquet Club fights closure, wants designation
- Desert Sun Article – Palm Springs to consider protecting Plaza Racquet Club
- Desert Sun Articles from 1975-1978 of the PS Tennis Center